Owning a cat comes with a lot of responsibilities and expenditures. Not only do you have to attend to all the weird quirks of the cat, but you also have to make sure that the cat has its best products.
By doing this, you can ensure a healthy and loving bond with the cat. Litter is probably one of the most crucial and cumbersome aspects of owning a cat.
If you go through an article that discusses the best litters for your cat, you will find Purina’s Tidy Cats Breeze Pallet as one of their top products.
These pallets can be an outstanding litter if you want a dust-free litter or your cat has allergy problems.
However, they can put a large dent in your budget. If you are looking for favorable alternatives to these costly pallets, we will mention and describe four litter options that could be great for your cat.
Tidy Cats Breeze Pallet Alternatives:
In this section, we will talk about four alternatives to the Tidy Cats Breeze Pallet for your cat. Here is the list of the best alternatives:
1. Cat’s Pride Premium Fresh & Clean Clay Litter:
Cat’s Pride Premium Fresh & Clean Clay Litter strikes out from most of the clay litters that you will find in the market.
It is a non-clumping type of litter and does an exceptional job at keeping the stench away. Cat’s Pride is known to develop products at a low cost, but they use good material.
They only charge under $5 for a 20-pound bag.
The litter can absorb the liquids quite fast, and that helps in restricting any stench from getting out. However, the solid excrements can give out a bit of awful smell if not appropriately covered. The pros of this litter are:
- This litter comes exceptionally cheap. It is one of the cheapest non-clumping clay litters in the market.
- It can absorb the liquid quickly. Odor control is excellent.
- This litter comes with a fresh scent that can mask the stench of excrements.
We also found some of the cons of using this litter:
- Non-clumping litter can make it difficult to scoop out the junk.
- Clumping litter does a better job at odor control.
2. Purina Yesterday’s News Odor Control:
Purina Yesterday’s New Odor Control is one of the most popular cat litters amongst cat owners. It is from wholly recycled papers, and it is at least three times more effective than any clay litters out there.
It is also a natural product, and you have to make sure that the cat is comfortable with this type of Cat litter. Advantages of using this litter:
- This unscented litter is from an entirely recycled newspaper.
- The texture of the litter is suitable for most cats.
- Absorbing power is almost thrice of any clay litter.
Cons of using this type of litter are:
- Every time the litter box is emitting a stench, you have to clean the box entirely.
- As it is a non-clumping litter, the liquids can store at the bottom and become sticky.
- If you want better odor control, you might choose a clay-based litter over this.
3. CatSpot Coconut Cat Litter:
CatSpot Coconut Cat Litter claims to be entirely natural as they make it from coconuts. It is also one reason why the litter is exceptionally lightweight, and it can absorb liquid up to 5 times its weight.
So, you can expect this litter to be extremely efficient compared to a clay litter in terms of absorption power. The pros of this product are:
- Natural, hypoallergenic, and lightweight litter
- Liquid absorption power is 5x of its clay counterparts.
- If you are looking for an eco-friendly alternative, this is it.
However, this product also has very significant flaws. Those are:
- It will not come cheap. It is one of the costliest on this list.
- You have to pay a lot for non-clumping litter.
- It is not dust-proof, and cats can leave crumbs all over your house.
4. Feline Pine Cat Litter:
Feline Pine Cat Litter is another non-clumping litter that the producers make from entirely natural pines.
It has the desirable quality of soaking liquids fast and effectively. However, the litter does make a mess when it has soaked the liquid.
It will stick to the bottom of the litter box, and it can give you a hard time while cleaning. The pine scent gives it a pleasant smell, which can mask the odor pretty well. Pros of this litter are:
- Natural product and biodegradable
- Absorption power is more than most of the clay litters
Cons of using this litter are:
- It is a non-clumping litter. So, cleaning can be challenging for you.
- It can fall apart after soaking liquid. So, it has a tracking problem.
Factors You Should Keep In Mind While Changing Your Cat Litter:
Cats do not like any change in their surroundings, and litter boxes are their most private places in the house.
Hence, you have to be extremely careful and slow while changing the litter type. There are a few things that you should keep in mind while changing the Litter, and here is the list of them:
- The Litter should be potent enough to mask the stench of excrements.
- Cats are not comfortable with any size of pellets. You have to choose the Litter which is comfortable for the cat.
- Choosing between clumping and non-clumping depends on you and your cat. Clumping Litter makes less mess, but it can be costly.
- The Litter should be absorbent enough so that you can clean the litter box easily.
- The cost is also an essential factor in this case. Litter expenses can grow up to a large sum if you accumulate them over the years.
- You have to be attentive to the needs of the cat.
Tidy Cats Breeze Pallet is a fantastic cat litter, to begin with. But sometimes, the cost can be relatively high if you are using this litter.
Hence, we have provided you with four viable options that you can choose from.
We have given you the pros and cons of each of them to make an informed choice. Be attentive to the factors, and take care of your cat.
Hi There, AJ Oren here. I am the founder of this amazing pet blog & a passionate writer who loves helping pet owners to learn more about their pets through my articles. I am also the content manager of this blog. I have experience in pet training and behavior, sheltering, and currently working for a veterinary clinic.