Looking for some Hills CD Cat food alternative? We got you covered.
Crystal formation in the cat’s urinary tract is one of the most common issues cat owners have to deal with, with their cats.
A lot of our furballs at one point experience severe urinary tract problems that sometimes run for too long leaving them with prolonged discomfort.
Thus, the formulation of special diets like Hill’s C/D Cat Foods. Such types of cat food are mainstay treatments for feline urinary tract problems.
However, the most common feedback you will hear from Hill’s C/D cat foods, is not about the food’s performance, rather, how expensive it can be compared to most brands.
In this write-up, we will provide you with some of the cat food alternatives that work as good as Hill’s C/D cat food that won’t break your bank.
Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Stress
Hill’s Pet has been a household name for pet owners who want to give the best to their pets.
Inspired by a guard dog, Hill’s Diet story dates back 1930s with a young blind man touring the country with a guide dog.
The sad part was, the guide dog was suffering from kidney failure and the blind man sought help from Dr. Mark Morris – a visionary in the area of clinical nutrition.
In an instant, he believed that what was causing the guide dog’s poor health was from poor nutrition.
From the 1930s up to the present day, Dr. Morris, his wife, and his group of experts have formulated countless diet programs for both cats and dogs.
These formulations have been the basis used today be the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
One of their formulations is the Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Stress. This cat food has been prepared to target excess minerals that encourage the formation of crystals in the cat’s urine, that in the long run lead to the creation of bladder stones.
This cat food has been specially formulated not just to support your cat’s urinary health but to manage the stress that comes along with it.
Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Stress is clinically tested and has proven to reduce the recurrence of most common urinary signs by 89%.
Alternatives for Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Stress
With the right balance of vital nutrients, the cat’s urinary tract and bladder may remain in its healthiest form.
Here are some of the cat foods in the market that are just as good as Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Stress.
1. Royal Canin Urinary SO
- Specially formulated for adult cats with urinary health problems
- Softens and breaks down pure struvite stonesHelps prevent calcium oxalate stones
- Dissolves excess minerals that can cause crystals and stones
- RSS (Relative Super Saturation) methodology is used to help lower ion concentration in urine that adds to stone formation.
Developed to nutritionally support urinary tract and bladder health particularly in adult cats, Royal Canin Urinary SO dissolves excess minerals that can instigate crystals and stones.
This cat food does this by increasing the amount of urine that the cat makes.
Royal Canin Urinary SO promotes a urinary environment that is hostile to problematic crystals such as struvite and calcium oxalate.
It has a reduced level of magnesium that helps in maintaining your cat’s urinary tract health.
- Crude Protein: 10.5% min
- Crude Fat: 2.5% min
- Crude Fiber: 2.0% max
- Moisture: 81.0% max
2. Wysong Uretic
- Contains Taurine that protects your cat from eye and heart disease
- Perfect for all life stages
- Comprises of rosemary extract to fight allergies
- Naturally maintained product free of artificial flavors and by-products
- Helps treat painful urinary tract conditions
Wysong’s formula for Uretic offers nutritional developments that are relevant to epigenetics and nutrigenomics.
It contains elevated levels of fresh/frozen meats and organs, sustaining the carnivorous diet of cats.
Packed with the right amount of protein and fat, it also includes a complete package of micro-nutrients and nutraceuticals containing probiotics, prebiotics, omega-3, enzymes, antioxidants, and more.
It does not have a superfluous amount of minerals and contains a natural source of methionine – an amino acid that is important in enhancing urinary functions.
- Crude Protein: 42.0% min
- Crude Fat: 15.0% min
- Crude Fiber: 5.0% max
- Moisture: 10.0% max
- Taurine: 0.2% min
3. Blue Buffalo W+U
- Veterinary diet formula that contains an enhanced level of fiber to aid satiety and keep your cat feel fuller for longer periods.
- Prescription-only cat food is formulated without grains that most fur parents choose to keep away from. Perfect for sensitive tummies.
- Formulated for weight management and urinary care, it has just the right amount of fat and calories to keep your cat in its ideal shape.
- Designed with regulated levels of minerals like magnesium and sodium to support urinary care.
- A natural diet that offers both nutritional and moisture benefits from chicken broth.
Unlike some AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) approved cat foods that rely on laboratory testing to validate nutritional adequacy, Blue Buffalo W+U Cat Food has undergone feeding trials.
You have to understand that in the pet food business, feeding trials are usually the most superior testing method.
- Crude Protein: 8.5% min
- Crude Fat: 2.5% min
- Crude Fiber: 4.0% max
- Crude Fiber: 4.0% max
4. Purina Pro Plan Focus Urinary Tract Health Formula
- The specialized recipe is made with real salmon provides exceptional taste your cats will love.
- Fortified with 25 key vitamins and minerals necessary to promote a balanced diet whether served alone or as delicious toppings on the kibble.
- It helps keep the urinary tract healthy by cutting urinary PH while providing low dietary magnesium.
- Additional care for a healthy immune system
The name Purina already speaks volumes about the quality of the food they formulate for cats (and dogs). A household name, they are well respected and loved by pet owners globally.
This company offers Purina Pro Plan FOCUS range – a series of cat food that targets specific health problems in cats.
One of which is their Urinary Tract Health Formula. This cat food is specially formulated to aid in maintaining your feline’s urinary health.
It manages by reducing urinary PH and offering low dietary magnesium. Not only is it beneficial for urinary tract health it also cares for skin and coat for good health inside and out.
- Crude Protein: 10% min
- Crude Fat: 6.0% min
- Crude Fiber: 0.5% max
- Moisture: 78.0% max
Beyond what the recipes and the formulations say about Hill’s c/d Cat Food is the deeper meaning of “c/d.” Consistency and Discipline.
This, no matter what diet you put your cat in, whether it is Hill’s, Royal Canin, or any other brands if you are consistent and you and your cat have discipline, you will be able to unlock permanent and life-changing results.
Consistency and discipline explain just why one cat can lose weight eating high carbs and a low-fat diet while the other can lose just the same amount of weight consuming low carbs and a high-fat diet.
Hi There, AJ Oren here. I am the founder of this amazing pet blog & a passionate writer who loves helping pet owners to learn more about their pets through my articles. I am also the content manager of this blog. I have experience in pet training and behavior, sheltering, and currently working for a veterinary clinic.