Humans can have allergic reactions to cat litter. The cat litter and urine contain certain bacteria that may cause allergic reactions in pregnant women and children.
Not only humans but your cat may also suffer from mild or severe reactions to her litter. So if you are a cat parent and anybody at your home or even your cat is allergic to cat litter, then you will find these hypoallergenic cats litter a worthy buy for your little feline pet.
Best Hypoallergenic Cat Litter
The majority of cat litters that you find in the market are clay-based, strong-scented, and not dust-free; when your cat uses the litter box, the minute dust particles of the cat litter stick to your kitty’s fur.
These dust particles may irritate your nose and eyes and allergic reactions on your cat’s skin. If you are tired of sneezing every time after your cat uses her litter box, then all you need is a hypoallergenic cat litter for your pet.
Go through these reviews of some of the best hypoallergenic cats litter.
- Dr. Elsey’s Premium Clumping Cat Litter.
- okocat Natural Wood Clumping Cat Litter.
- Boxiecat Premium Clumping Cat Litter – Scent Free.
- CatSpot Litter: Coconut Cat Litter, Biodegradable, All-Natural, Lightweight & Dust-Free.
- Frisco Multi-Cat Unscented Clumping Clay Cat Litter.
1. Dr. Elsey’s Premium Clumping Cat Litter
Dr. Elsey’s premium clumping cat litter is the best cat litter for households allergic to cat litter. This natural cat litter is 99% dust-free and hypo-allergenic.
It is a clay litter that combines heavy non-tracking granules with medium grain and forms hard-clumps that do not absorb moisture and cannot be broken down easily.
The hard clumps also easily help the cat owner clean the litter box without getting affected by dust particles. You can scoop the litter and clean the box with ease.
The cat litter is naturally-scented and does not contain any harmful, allergy-causing chemicals such as perfumes or deodorants.
It locks away the pungent and strong smell of cat litter and helps to keep your house fresh and clean. This cat-litter can also be used if you have multiple cats at home or have a sifting or mechanical cat litter box.
- Product dimensions- 4 x 15 x 26 inches
- Weight- 40 pounds
- Hypoallergenic formula- This litter has a hypoallergenic formula that keeps the surfaces clean and prevents any allergic reactions in humans.
- Controls odor- This litter controls the odor naturally without the use of any chemicals, perfumes, or deodorants, thus preventing your cat from any chemical reactions.
- Hard clumps- The clay and medium-sized granules ensure the formation of hard clumps of litter for easy cleaning and prevent leakage.
- Dust-Free solution- This cat litter is almost 100% dust-free.
- Absorbs moisture and locks away urine smell.
- Formation of hard-clumps for easy cleaning
- Prevents any allergic reactions
2. Okocat Natural Wood Clumping Cat Litter
The Okocat Natural Wood Clumping Litter is a next-generation plant-based litter. It keeps your house and your pet clean and healthy.
The cat litter is made from sustainable, natural wood fiber. It uses European engineering to form dense, mini- pellets of cat litter that feel soft on your cat’s paw.
The wood-fiber prevents the fine litter from scattering out of the litter box and tracking cat litter. It is 100% dust-free and protects you from any allergic reactions. It works best for cats with long-hair.
This cat litter uses no artificial fragrance, no synthetic chemicals, and no toxic dyes. One of the Okocat litter’s best features is that it is biodegradable and can be flushed easily.
The litter is formed in solid clumps that make it easier to scoop it. Also, it is long-lasting and can be used for at least seven weeks.
The Okocat Natural Wood Clumping Litter is easy to lift, pour, and dispose of, thus serving as a one-stop solution for all your cat’s litter needs.
- Product dimensions- 11 x 7.5 x 11 inches
- Weight- 8 pounds
- 99% dust-free- This litter is made of sustainable wood-fiber and contains dense mini-pellets that are 99% dust-free. It does not stick to your cat’s fur even if your cat has long hair and, therefore, protects you and your cat from allergies.
- Controls odor- This litter controls the odor naturally without any artificial chemicals such as synthetics or dyes.
- Clumps Solid- The litter is made from European engineering. It forms solid clumps of litter that can be scooped quickly.
- Biodegradable and Flushable- This cat litter is biodegradable and can easily be flushed and protects the environment.
- Formation of hard-clumps for easy scooping.
- Biodegradable and flushable.
- Suitable for cats with long hair.
3. Boxiecat Premium Clumping Cat Litter – Scent Free
Boxiecat Premium Clumping Cat Litter – Scent Free is recommended by pets. This cat litter was the winner of the Cat Fancy 2012 Editors’ Choice award and has been voted as the best cat product of the year.
If you want a healthier cat litter other than clay, then Boxiecat Premium Cat Litter is the ideal choice. It is made up of perfect granule size that feels soft on your cat paws and is heavy enough to prevent litter tracking.
The litter forms a flat hard clump on the top that can quickly be scooped and keeps the rest of the cat litter clean. It has a low dust-formula with an advanced dust suppression process.
This cat litter is hypoallergenic and contains no chemicals or additives. It eliminates any ammonia smell caused due to cat litter.
The Boxiecat Premium Cat Litter can be used for a long-time as it does not let the moisture penetrate through it.
- Product dimensions- 9 x 6.5 x 15 inches
- Clumps hard, quick on top- This litter is made of perfect granules that form a hard solid clump on top very quickly after your cat uses the litter box. The clump can be scooped quickly.
- Eliminates odor- This litter eliminates ammonia odor.
- Hypoallergenic- This cat litter is hypoallergenic and contains no chemicals or additives.
- Dust-free- This cat litter has a low dust-formula and an advanced dust suppression process
- Vet recommended
- Forms solid clump that can be scooped quickly.
- Litter granules get stuck to the cat’s paw.
4. CatSpot Litter
The CatSpot litter is a biodegradable, all-natural, lightweight, and dust-free cat litter. One of the best features of this product is its composition.
Made up of 100% coconut, the CatSpot litter is perfect for your feline friend. It contains no harmful chemicals or allergens and is hypoallergenic.
This cat litter eliminates the strong smell of cat litter. It is lightweight with an incredible absorbing formula. 5 lbs of CatSpot litter can absorb the same amount of litter that a 20-pound clay litter will absorb. This litter is biodegradable and protects the environment.
It is also easy to use. All you have to do is fill your cat’s litter box with 1.5-2 inches of CatSpot litter and clean the solids daily. After 15 days of using the cat litter, dump it into the compost ground.
- 100% natural- CatSpot Litter is made of 100% coconut coir and is better than any other chemical-based cat litter.
- Incredible absorption- This cat litter has an excellent absorption formula that prevents moisture from leaking.
- Eliminates odor- It eliminates any pungent smell of cat litter.
- Biodegradable- The cat litter is natural and can easily be disposed of in the ground.
- Natural and hypoallergenic
- Easy to use
- Does not prevent litter tracking.
5. Frisco Multi-cat Unscented Clumping Clay Cat Litter
The Frisco Unscented Clumping Clay Cat Litter is the perfect cat litter for the feline parents who are allergic to cat litter that contains plant-proteins, dyes, perfumes, or added fragrances.
This litter is composed of 100% natural clay that forms solid clumps making it easier to scoop the litter. The granules have a high absorption formula that locks all the moisture and prevents any leakage.
The litter also controls odor and prevents litter tracking, keeping your house clean. It is suitable for multiple-cats households and ideal for sifting and mechanical boxes.
- Natural Product- The cat litter is made of all-natural clay that forms into hard clumps.
- Controls Odour- It quickly absorbs the moisture and controls odor from escaping.
- Hypo-allergenic- The cat litter is hypoallergenic and does not contain any plant-protein, dyes
- Low-tracking- It is a low-tracking letter that helps you keep your house clean.
- Natural product
- Controls odor
- Not entirely dust-free.
All of the mentioned cat litters are specially prepared for sensitive cats and cat parents. They are made of natural products and are hypoallergenic.
The best cat litter out of all the above is this one. It is made of wood fiber that excellently absorbs all the moisture, and the micro-sized pellets feel soft on your kitty’s paw. It also prevents any litter tracking.
If you love cats but are allergic to cat litter, then you should purchase any of the above-mentioned hypoallergenic litter boxes. It will keep you and your cat happy and your household fresh and healthy.
Recommended Read :
Hi There, AJ Oren here. I am the founder of this amazing pet blog & a passionate writer who loves helping pet owners to learn more about their pets through my articles. I am also the content manager of this blog. I have experience in pet training and behavior, sheltering, and currently working for a veterinary clinic.