Keeping a pet at home can be quite a challenging job, especially when you have a small apartment. They need a free open space where they can play around.
Also, managing their litter in a compact apartment gets difficult too. Your entire household gets filled with the stench of cat litter, and the litter box takes up more than half the space of your apartment.
If you can relate to this situation and are looking for a small litter box that perfectly accommodates your cat, then goes through the below-given reviews and find the best cat litter box for your small apartment.
Best Cat Litter Box for Small Apartment
The majority of the cat litter boxes are either too large and occupy a lot of space in your small apartment and look out of place or are too small and suffocate your little pet.
In this case, all you need is a medium-sized cat litter box fulfills both your and your cat’s requirements. If you have a small apartment and are yet to find the perfect cat litter box that provides enough space to your cat to poop and also occupies very little space in your apartment, then you should consider the following cat litter boxes.
- Modkat Litter Box
- Petsfit Espresso Double-Decker Pet House Litter Box – ( Best Value )
- Good Pet Stuff Plant Hidden Litter Box — ( Best In Budget )
- Omega Paw Large Roll ‘n Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box for Cats
- Favourite 25″ Large Top Entry Enclosed Hooded Cat Litter Box
1. Modkat Litter Box
The Modkat litter box has a unique compact design suitable for small apartments. The litter box eliminates litter tracking.
It has a large top-entry that provides easy in and out access to the cats. This award-winning cat litter box consists of a swivel lid that gets locked perfectly and acts as a walk-off mat for the cats to trap any litter that might be stuck to the cat’s paw.
Any litter trapped on the lid falls back inside the litter box when you remove the lid. You just have to swivel the lid and scoop the litter without any difficulty.
The box also comprises reusable rip-resistant and scratch-resistant liners that can be easily cleaned. These liners can be used for a considerable period; each reusable liner lasts for up to 3 months.
The litter box has a seamless base to prevent any leakage of cat urine. Also, the Modkat litter box has a large scoop with a long handle that helps you easily clean your cat’s litter.
- Brand- ModKat
- Dimensions- 9 inches x 15.9 inches x 14.5 inches
- Weight- 29 pounds
- Swivel Lid- The swivel acts as a walk-off mat and traps any residual litter on the cat’s paws.
- Modern Design- The litter box has a modern design to suit your household.
- Reusable Liners- It comes with reusable liners for easy cleaning.
- Modern Design
- Eliminates litter tracking
- Top-entry does not make it suitable for older cats and small kittens.
2. Petsfit Espresso Double-Decker Pet House Litter Box
The Petsfit Espresso Double-Decker Cat litter box serves a lot of purposes. Along with acting as a multi-functional nightstand pet furniture, it also serves an indoor cat litter box and a pet house.
This cat litter box has a division between that creates two shelves for your pet, thus saving a lot of space in your small apartment. One shelf can be used for the cat, and the litter box can be kept in the lower section.
This litter box is easy to assemble and clean. There is a latch that holds the door so that your cat does not escape or fall off from the top shelf of the litter box. This litter box will also be handy if you have more than one cat at home.
- Brand- Petsfit
- Dimensions- 21 x 23 x 35 inches
- Weight- 4 pounds
- Multiple uses- This cat litter box can be used as night-stand furniture along with a pet house and litter box.
- Modern Design- The litter box has a modern design to suit your small apartment.
- Double Decker- This is a double-decker litter box, i.e., has two sections. The cat can use one area, and the other can be used to hide the litter box.
- Can be used as furniture
- Easy to clean
- The inner shelf can not be removed.
3. Good Pet Stuff Plant Hidden Litter Box
The Good Stuff cat litter box is a unique hidden box that looks like a planter from outside, but in reality, it serves the actual purpose of a cat litter box.
It is a large capacity pot that comes with a plant and moss. If you have a small apartment, you just need to place this litter box in the corner of a wall so that it looks like a plant pot and is also easily accessible to your cat.
The Good Pet Stuff hidden litter box provides privacy to your pet while pooping. The cat just needs to crawl inside the base to use it. It can also be used as a pet bed.
This litter box provides proper ventilation, and the filter controls any dust or odor. It is constructed with durable polypropylene.
- Brand- Good Pet Stuff
- Dimensions- 19 x 19 x 20 inches
- Weight- 6 pounds
- Warranty- 1-year limited warranty
- Large Capacity- the litter box has a large capacity and is suitable for multiple-cats.
- Unique Design- This litter box comes in the form of a plant pot and cannot be recognized as a cat litter box.
- Large Capacity
- Can be disguised as a plant
- Properly ventilated
- Difficult to clean
- Does not prevent litter tracking
4. Omega Paw Large Roll ‘n Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box for Cats
The Omega Paw Large Cat litter box is simple to use and easy to clean. This litter box self-cleans itself, and there is no scooping required.
You just have to roll the box, and it will automatically get cleaned. It contains a unique patented grill inside that separates the clumped waste and deposits it into the pull-out tray.
This litter box has a unique design that will fit your home even if you have a small apartment. The box prevents any litter dust in your home and also provides complete privacy to your pet.
Its large capacity can fit more than one cat at a time. The Omega Paw litter box has a wide entry option and can be easily accessed by kittens or older cats.
- Brand- Omega Paw
- Dimensions- 23 x 19 x 18.5 inches
- Weight- 5 pounds
- Self-Cleaning- There is no need for scooping the litter out of this litter box. You just have to roll the box and will clean itself.
- Attractive design- The beautiful design is suitable for small households.
- Dust-free- The litter box prevents any dust from the cat litter.
- Large Capacity.
- No need to clean
- Low entry
5. Favourite 25″ Large Top Entry Enclosed Hooded Cat Litter Box
The Favourite Top-entry cat litter serves as an all-in-one solution for all your cat’s needs. The top-open cat litter box provides a reassuring environment for your pet and also provides her privacy.
Along with this, it also contains the litter and reduces any litter spill. This litter box comes in parts that can be easily assembled or stored in a small apartment.
You can also clean the litter box easily due to its non-stick coating, which prevents the litter from sticking to the base. It also controls odor. This product has been constructed with quality plastic and has a long service life.
- Brand- Favorite
- Dimensions- 25 x 19.5 x 16.5 inches
- Weight- 4 pounds
- Top-entry- the top entry provides completes privacy to your pet and locks odor.
- Easy-Cleaning and storage- The removable hood makes it easier to clean and store the litter box.
- Non-stick coating- The base of the litter box has a non-stick coating for easy scooping.
- Large Capacity.
- Long service life
- Provides privacy
- The top entry is not suitable for kittens or older cats.
All the cat litter boxes mentioned above designed for pet owners with small apartments.
However, the ‘Petsfit Espresso’ is the top pick. You can place that litter box anywhere in your house, and nobody will be able to figure out that it is not a plant but a litter box.
It will also provide complete privacy to your shy pet and be used as a pet bed. It comes with a filter that keeps the air fresh and clean.
It does not matter whether you have a small apartment or a big one. All you need is to love your pet and take care of its needs.
The above-given reviews of some of the unique cat litter boxes will keep your cat happy and will also not take much space in your apartment.
Other Litter Related Guide:
Hi There, AJ Oren here. I am the founder of this amazing pet blog & a passionate writer who loves helping pet owners to learn more about their pets through my articles. I am also the content manager of this blog. I have experience in pet training and behavior, sheltering, and currently working for a veterinary clinic.